North of the engineering complex
- For women (first-year students only)
- Double rooms/some triples
- Oak bunk beds, built-in desks and wardrobes
- Lounge on each floor; large TV lounge with piano
- Enclosed walkway to Residence Dining Center (meal plan required for all residents)
- Standard oak beds
- Mailing address information
To see a rendering of a sample two-student room in Weible, please click below:
Floor plan for Weible double room.
Weible Hall History
Weible Hall, located north of Sudro Hall, opened in the fall of 1963 as a women's residence hall. The rooms were designed for double or triple occupants and all rooms had built in desks. During the homecoming festivities of 1963, the building was dedicated as Mary Darrow Weible Hall in honor of Mary Weible a member of the Class of 1904.
Mary Darrow Weible was a woman who played a prominent role in public health, civic, and cultural activities of the Fargo-Moorhead area. During the women's suffrage movement, Mrs. Weible promoted the Fargo appearance of the English suffragette Sylvia Parkhurst and organized the Votes for Women group in North Dakota. She aided in organizing the first community lecture series, helped to establish English classes for non-English-speaking residents, and was instrumental in surveying social conditions, appointing the first police matron, establishing the first free kindergarten, and visiting nurse program. In 1960, Mrs. Weible was chosen to receive the annual NDSU Alumni Achievement Award. She died on March 4, 1965 in Fargo.