Type of Bed by Residence Hall
Note: Mattresses in all residence halls (except Weible) are extra-long (36”x80”). The Residence Hall Association has partnered with Residence Hall Linens to provide our students with a convenient, affordable way to purchase sheets and bedding items, as well as other campus-living necessities. All items ship directly to your home over the summer, and proceeds from this program go to the Residence Hall Association and are used for programming in the residence halls. Please visit the RHL website http://www.rhl.org/nds or call (800) 957-4338.
- Raises bed frame up to 60 inches off the floor
- Moveable desks can fit under loft.
- Bed frame can be adjusted 20 different heights
- Mattress size is XL twin
- LLC West
- These beds cannot be bunked
- Reed/Johnson Double w/ Study and Triple/Quad rooms have junior lofts
- Churchill Triple rooms have junior lofts
- Raises bed frame up to 36 inches off the floor
- Provides extra storage space
- Bed frame can be adjusted 11 different heights
- Two junior loft beds can create bunk beds
- LLC East
*Note: In Dinan Hall, students are actually provided two headboard and footboard sets per person. A student may choose to have her bed at 36 inches or less off the floor if using only one set. Additionally, she may choose to use both sets together, stack the bed frames, and loft her bed up to 60 inches in height.
Standard Oak Bed
- Two standard oak beds can create bunk beds
- North Weible
- South Weible
Standard Metal Bunk Bed Set
- Beds can be separated to create individual beds
Standard Metal Beds
- Ideal for loft rental kits because legs require less storage than wooden head/footboards
- Sturdy frame with built-in spring support
- E rooms in Sevrinson and Thompson have junior lofts
CSI Loft System (2014-2015)
Please note this information is for 2014-2015 and information regarding lofts for the 2015-2016 school year will be available soon.
These loft systems are available for rent through CSI, Inc. (www.csilofts.com) NDSU works with this specific vendor to ensure that the current bed frames fit the rental loft kit. These are the only outside lofts allowed in the NDSU residence halls. If you choose to rent a loft, your current frame will be used but any leftover bed legs and/or end pieces must be stored in your room.
- Raises bed frame 60 inches off the floor
- Easy To Assemble - in just minutes, no tools required
- Set Up as Bunk Bed - the second bed can be slid underneath
- Available for rental in all halls, but Churchill, Dinan, LLC West, Reed, and Johnson are already equipped with wood lofts.