For floor plans, room renderings, etc. visit the Specific Hall Information portion of our website.
Your room includes:
- Internet access
- Basic cable TV service with 50+ channels, including Reslife Cinema and mtvU
- Window coverings (blinds or curtains)
- Wardrobe/dresser, desk and chair
- Single bed with extra long 80" mattress
- ALL UTILITIES - heat/water/garbage/electricity
Things you SHOULD bring:
- Clothes hangers
- Pavek, Niskanen, Seim, Burgum, and the Living/Learning Centers (LLC East and West) have air conditioning. In the rest of the halls you will want to bring a fan.
- Bring a pillow and extra long twin sheets for your bed. You'll also need any towels or washcloths you might want to use.
- Alarm clock
- Reading light (not halogen)
- Surge protector - U.L. approved
- Adequate renter's insurance
- White poster putty or 3M removable mounting squares - no nails or tacks in the walls, please
- Laundry detergent
- All residence halls have coinless laundry, paid for by your hall dues, so you won't need stacks of quarters. Be sure to bring detergent and any other supplies you might need to do your laundry, though!
Things you CAN bring:
- Computer (don't forget an ethernet cable for connecting to the internet for the quickest, most secure connection)
- We have many computer clusters on campus that are available 23 hours a day (All computer clusters are closed for preventative maintenance every night from 2:30 am to 3:30 am).
- Small bookcase
- Refrigerator (5 cubic ft or less)
- Microwave (1000 watts or less)
- Favorite single seat chair
- Large area rug, throw rug or carpet (urethane or jute back- no taping, please)
- Small entertainment center
- TV set and cable cord
- Coffee maker with automatic shut off
Available to you:
- Light bulbs
- Each hall has a kitchenette located in a common area. These all include ovens and sinks. The Living Learning Center East and West and Niskanen Hall have kitchens in all units.
- Cleaning supplies
- Each residence hall has a trash room where students can find cleaning supplies, garbage bags, recycling bins, and places to put their full garbage bags.
- Toilet paper in restrooms (except the LLC and Niskanen)
- Washers and Dryers - coinless, so quarters are not needed
- Newspaper service - daily delivery of USA Today, Star Tribune, and Fargo Forum papers
Things to leave at home:
- Candles, incense and candle warmers
- Couches, loveseats and futons(or other furniture that seats more than one person)
- Space heaters
- Halogen lamps (floor or desk)
- Purchased or home-built lofts (but lofts may be rented from CSI if so desired)
- Alcohol and alcohol containers of any kind
- Exercise and weight lifting equipment
- Pets - except fish in a 10 gallon or less aquarium
- Hot plates, toasters, bread makers, or any appliance with an open heating element
- Wireless Routers
- Outlet splitters
- Paintball and Airsoft guns