Upcoming Training Spring 2014
All training should be taken in order! Rooms are located in the Memorial Union.
Level 1 – "Becoming a Safe Zone Ally" training
RSVP not required...simply show up!
- Friday, February 7; 9:00-10:30am (Hidatsa); OR
- Tuesday, March 4; 10:00-11:30am (Prairie); OR
- Thursday, April 3; 1:00-2:30pm (Prairie); OR
- Friday, May 2; 9:00-10:30am (Hidatsa)
Level 2 - "Gender Identity/Expression" training
RSVP not required. Please attend Level 1 first.
- Tuesday, January 21, 10:00-11:30am (Prairie); OR
- Thursday, February 13, 1:00-2:30pm (Prairie); OR
- Friday, March 14, 9:00-10:30am (Hidatsa); OR
- Tuesday, April 8, 10:00-11:30am (Prairie); OR
- Tuesday, May 6, 9:00-10:30am (Hidatsa)
Level 3 - "Upstander" training
RSVP not required. Please attend Levels 1 & 2 first.
- Thursday, January 30, 1:00-2:30pm (Prairie); OR
- Tuesday, February 18, 9:00-10:30am (Hidatsa); OR
- Thursday, April 17, 1:00-2:30pm (Office of Multicultural Programs - MU178); OR
- Thusday, May 8, 1:00-2:30pm (Prairie)
These seminars will focus on a specific topic. RSVP is not required.
Thursday, March 27, 1:00-2:30pm (Office of Multicultural Progrms, MU178). Bisexuality: An informative presentation explaining what bisexuality is and the history of the bisexual movement. A look into biphobia, both in heteronormative and queer communities, is presented. Opportunity to participate in discussion follows.
Thursday, April 24, 1:00-2:30pm (Arikara). Intersex: A look into what intersex means and the many ways a body can be intersex. We will explore the medicalization of the body and the focus on being male or female in Western culture. An application of queer theory is provided on the labels we place on people because of their bodies.
(Cancelled due to scheduling conflict) - Homophobia in the Classroom: An interactive presentation outlining what homophobia is and who it affects. We collectively explore ways homophobia is present in the classroom and how students, TAs and professors can stand up to homophobia when they notice it. Group discussion allows for the sharing of ideas and experiences. This seminar can be presented to groups by special arrangement. To schedule, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Training also available online
Simply log into your Blackboard account and look under the "My Organizations" tab for the training module. Email us when you have completed the training and we will send you additional materials. If you have questions, please contact Lindsey at Lindsey.Boes@ndsu.edu or Kara at Kara.Gravley-Stack@ndsu.edu.
Social Group for LGBTQ & Ally Graduate Students!
Want to schedule training for your office, organization or other group? Questions?