The Student Court
The NDSU Student Court Meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 5:30pm in the Student Gov Office.
2014-2015 Court Action Plan
The Judicial Branch plays a critical role in Student Government. It is the responsibility of the Court and the Chief Justice to maintain a positive image of the Court to it's stakeholders. The two top goals for the Chief Justice and the Court is to bring awareness and understanding to what the Court does and to build relationships with the other branches of Student Government, Student Organizations, and members of Admin. The following is a guide to be used by the Court and Chief Justice.
- Continue keeping the Court involved with Student Government Events like the Student Government Retreat, Senate Meetings, and office hours.
- Encourage Court Members to participate in Student Government Commissions.
- Encourage Court Members to work with Senators and Executives to find new ways to improve the quality of our University.
- Continue to strengthen current relationships between the Court and its stakeholders.
- Build new relationships with Office of International Programs and the heads of the Downtown Campus.
Know your Rights Document
- Complete the Know your Rights Document.
- Work with the Academic and Student Affairs Commission on ideas
- Work with Public Relations to bring awareness and understanding to the document.
Student Body Elections
- Promote an unrestricted Election Code.
- Encourage collaboration between the three branches.
- Work with the three branches to create an Ethics Document.
- Run the Student Body Elections
Resource for Student Organizations
- Promote the fact that the Court could be used as a resource.
- Allow Student Organizations to reach out to the Court on issues regarding the creation and revision of their governing documents.
- Reviewing other organizations constitutions
- Begin planning with the Vice President during the Summer
- Start Committee meetings in the Fall
- Encourage participation from all branches