OrgSync -> Blackboard Transition
Reasoning of Transition
In the spring of 2013, Student Senators passed a resolution in support of transitioning from NDSU's current online student organization server OrgSync, to Blackboard Organizations. This decision was based upon student feedback that OrgSync was underutilized, the cost of OrgSync, as well as the convenience of having your academics and extracurricular activities on one website.
Student Government, the Student Activities Office, and the Division of Information Technology have worked diligently since this decision to bring a functional online portal for all students to use for their student organizations.
Dates To Know:
- TBD - Organizations created in Blackboard. Organization leaders will be notified ASAP.
- Dec 2nd - All organizations must transfer documents to Blackboard Organizations from OrgSync
- Dec 31st - Contract with OrgSync expires, erasing any organization information on OrgSync
What You Need to Do As Leaders of Organizations:
- Save documents from OrgSync BEFORE Dec. 1st
- Constitution from Profile
- Any non-Umbrella Files
- Attend a Blackboard Forum for a how-to on Blackboard. Please bring a laptop!
- Nov 6th, 7pm-8pm Hidatsa Room in the Memorial Union
- Nov 13th, 7pm-8pm in the Student Activities Office in the Memorial Union
- Nov 20th, 7pm-8pm in the Arikara Room in the Memorial Union
- Contact Student Government with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org