- Ph.D. Soil Science (Soil Physics) and Water Resources, Iowa State University, 2000
- M.S. Soil Science (Soil Physics), Iowa State University, 1996
- B.S. Natural Resource Management (Water Resources), University of Connecticut, 1993
- July 1, 2006 - Present: Associate Professor, Soil Physics NDSU
- February 27, 2000– June 30, 2006: Assistant Professor, Soil Physics NDSU
- "Soil and the Environment"
- "Soil and Pollution"
- "Modeling Environmental Fate and Transport"
- Field oriented study of water flow and chemical transport processes, and the spatial and temporal scales at which these are observed. Use of laboratory experiments to help identify these relationships. To develop, evaluate, and extend methods for characterizing flow and transport at different scales.
2006 Earl & Dorthy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award, Early Career. North Dakota State University College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources.
2006 Editor’s Citation for Excellence in Manuscript Reviews, Journal of Environmental Quality. Recognizes outstanding professional contributions in reviewing one or more papers during 2005. Given to six individuals.
2004 Early Career Award, Soil Physics Division (S1) of the Soil Science Society of America
2004 Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award, Early Career. College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources at North Dakota State University.
2001 Outstanding Reviewer Award. Soil and Water Division of the Transactions of the ASAE and Applied Engineering in Agriculture.
- Xuelian Bai - Ph.D. candidate
- Katie Chambers - M.S.
- Suman L. Shrestha. Ph.D. 2011. Fate and transformation of a conjugated natural hormone 17[beta]-estradiol-3-glucuronide in soil-water systems
- Kim Zitnick- M.S. 2010. Effects of swine slurry on sorption of 17[Beta]-estradiol to soil
- Aaron Sawatzky - M.S. 2009. Hydraulic efficiency in biofilm affected title drains
- Mary Schuh - M.S. 2008. Farm-scale reconnaissance of estrogens in subsurface waters : a field study
- Heather Matthees-Dose - M.S. 2009. Soil properties affecting oil well access road reclamation in western North Dakota
- Zhaosheng Fan - Ph.D. 2007. Measuring and modeling fate and transport of natural hormones in soil-water systems
- Zhaosheng Fan - M.S. 2003. Fate and transport of 1278-TCDD, 1378-TCDD, and 1478-TCDD in soil-water systems
- Brian Kalk - Ph.D. 2006. Development of a process that ensures multiple stakeholders satisfaction while maintaining principle institutional goals
- Dana Ralston - M.S. 2003. Development and evaluation of nutrient management zone delineation methods for environmental impacts and directed soil sampling
- Michael Thompson - M.S. 2005. Occurrence, persistence, and pathways of 17-Estradiol in agricultural soils : a field study