Guidelines for Using NDSU-STAFF@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU
An item submitted to the NDSU-STAFF@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU e-mail list will be posted if the e-mail:
- is directly related to University concerns.
- contains information that will be of general interest to the target group (NDSU staff).
- originates from a sender who has an obvious affiliation with NDSU.
- does not include any attachments (request the sender to send us the website address to access the necessary documents).
- includes political or religious content of general interest (such as events) and does not endorse a partisan viewpoint or individual.
- includes solicitations or advertising concerning products or activities sponsored by NDSU or by officially recognized NDSU organizations.
- includes solicitations for participation in research projects with prior IRB approval.
- contains special interest announcements such as missing persons or benefit fund raisers (per the discretion of the moderator).
All content submitted to NDSU email lists must conform to Policy 158, Acceptable Use of Electronic Communications Devices.
The following footnote will be included for all ListServ messages:
"This message is posted as an informational service to the campus community. If you are not interested, please delete. You are asked to refrain from responding with your personal views to the individual who provided the information."
The email list will have an automatic response to the sender when an item is submitted, that includes the guidelines above and states "If your announcement does not appear within 24 hours, the list moderator has probably determined that it does not conform to the guidelines. If you disagree, please contact the moderator, Kelly Bisek, at 231-7710 or firstname.lastname@example.org at and she will work with you to resolve the issue.