NDSU Staff Recognition Awards
Individual Staff Recognition Award
The Individual Staff Recognition Awards, coordinated through the Office of Human Resources and NDSU Staff Senate, are presented annually to the broadbanded staff at North Dakota State University. Up to ten awards may be distributed according to the percentages in each of the five NDSU categories: Administrative/Professional (3 awards), Technical/Paraprofessional (2 award), Office Support (2 awards), Crafts/Trades (1 award), and Services (2 awards). Each recipient will receive a cash award of $250.
Team/Committee Recognition Award
The Team/Committee Recognition Award allows the University to recognize a group of individuals who have contributed to the accomplishment of a major change or benefit to the University community. A Team/Committee may be made up of any combination of broadbanded and non-broadbanded staff with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 members. The team needs to have a connection to NDSU and only broadbanded team members employed at NDSU will receive the award. Teams can be a part of a larger scope, such as NDUS. The accomplishment needs to be NDSU related. The nomination form is the same as for the individual awards. The Team/Committee will receive a cash award of $600 to be divided equally between committee members (maximum of $250 per individual).
The 2012-2013 award recipients will be recognized at the annual Staff Recognition Luncheon April 12, 2013. Tickets for the luncheon may be purchased in advance through the Human Resources office.
The following criteria1 should be considered as a guide for making nominations for either the Individual Staff Recognition Awards or Team/Committee Recognition Award.
- Any broadbanded staff member: who is eligible for staff senate and is half-time (50%) or more.
- Outstanding achievement on the job: actions that constitute performance beyond expectation standards.
- Exceptional contributions towards the effectiveness and efficiency of operations: actions that contribute to the maximum utilization of departmental resources.
- Outstanding service to other employees, students, or visitors: actions that are especially helpful or make a good impression on others.
- Distinguished efforts in staff development/recognition: actions that help provide employees with opportunities to learn and to be rewarded.
- Please, use the form(s) below to nominate individuals or team/committees by nominating electronically or by printing and using the paper version.
- Thoroughly complete all sections on the form for each Individual or Team/Committee.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Please, type or legibly print all nominations.
Printable format of the Team/Committee Nomination Form
Printable format of the Individual Nomination Form
Online submission of the Team/Committee Nomination Form
Online submission of the Individual Nomination Form
1Reproduced with permission of the University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ