Welcome Week is designed to help new and returning students adjust to the new academic year. Students will meet other new students, get to know campus, learn about the opportunities available, and have a great time.
Welcome Week Leaders are returning student leaders who serve as guides throughout Welcome Week. Welcome Week Leaders will meet students at their residence hall floors and bring them to highlighted Welcome Week events. They also serve as valuable resources about campus.
Highlighted Welcome Week Events:
- Bison Statue Photo Booth outside between the library and Minard Hall (August 23, 10 am-2 pm)
- New Student and Family Lunch in the Great Plains Ballroom, Memorial Union (August 23, Noon-2 pm)
- Club NDSU at Memorial Union (August 23, 9:30 pm-1 am)
- Get Rec'D at the Wallman Wellness Center (August 24, 1-5 pm)
- Hypnotist at Festival Concert Hall (August 24, 8-9:30 pm and 10-11:30 pm)
- President's Welcome at University Gates (August 25, 1:00-1:30 pm)
- College Events (August 25, 1:30-2:30 pm)
- Street Dance in the Great Plains Ballroom, Memorial Union (August 25, 9-11:30 pm)
- Bill Cordes "YOGOWYPI Factor" at Festival Concert Hall (August 26, 7-8 pm)
- Residence Hall Association Block Party outside Pavek & Seim Halls (August 28, 8-11 pm)
Please view the 2014 Welcome Week schedule for full details on Welcome Week events.
Become a Welcome Week Leader!
Welcome Week Leaders are returning students who help new NDSU students feel more comfortable in their new campus environment. Read more about this rewarding leadership position.
NDSU Opening Weekend: August 23rd and 24th
Students who will be living on-campus are strongly encouraged to move-in on Saturday, August 23 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. During this time, additional staff and volunteers will be available to assist in moving items to rooms. For more information about residence life, specific halls, and driving directions, go to Residence Life.