ACE Tutor Job Description
ACE Tutors facilitate student academic skill development. This position requires superb interpersonal and communication skills. Tutors coordinate learning and provide tutoring in a drop-in group setting. Tutors will work with students to assess their learning needs, set short-term goals for the session, long-term goals for academic development, and assist them in reaching those goals. Tutors will act as referral agents for students struggling either academically or personally and should have a genuine concern for the needs of students. Tutors will also monitor student participation and behavior and complete other tasks as assigned by a supervisor.
The requirements of the tutor position include, but are not limited to:
• Completion of ACE Tutor online training (approximately 4 hours)
• Completion of a Professional Development Plan
• Attendance at all tutor training events (Fall training, Spring training, and monthly trainings)
• Attendance at required subject-specific study events (approximately three/semester)
• Participation in an annual performance review and an exit interview with a supervisor
• Assist ACE management with other projects as requested
The hourly wage starts at $8.50 with raises available commensurate with experience and performance.
ACE Tutors must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 and have received an A or B in the courses they tutor. ACE Tutors must also have a minimum of one semester of classes taken at NDSU. They must have at least two positive faculty references. Additionally, the ACE tutor position requires excellent communication skills and a desire to help fellow students. Previous tutoring experience is a plus, but is not required. Preference is given to undergraduate students and students who qualify for work study assistance.
Contact Angela Seewald-Marquardt, Learning Services/Orientation Coordinator or call 701-231-5554.