ACE Tutor Job Description
ACE Tutors facilitate student academic skill development. This position requires superb interpersonal and communication skills. Tutors coordinate learning and provide tutoring in a drop-in group setting. Tutors will work with students to assess their learning needs, set short-term goals for the session, long-term goals for academic development, and assist them in reaching those goals. Tutors will act as referral agents for students struggling either academically or personally and should have a genuine concern for the needs of students. Tutors will also monitor student participation and behavior and complete other tasks as assigned by a supervisor.
The requirements of the tutor position include, but are not limited to:
• Completion of ACE Tutor online training (approximately 4 hours)
• Completion of a Professional Development Plan
• Attendance at all tutor training events (Fall training, Spring training, and monthly trainings)
• Attendance at required subject-specific study events (approximately three/semester)
• Participation in an annual performance review and an exit interview with a supervisor
• Assist ACE management with other projects as requested
The hourly wage starts at $8.65 with raises available commensurate with experience and performance.
ACE Tutors must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 and have received an A or B in the courses they tutor. ACE Tutors must also have a minimum of one semester of classes taken at NDSU. They must have at least two references from faculty members familiar with their academic work. Additionally, the ACE tutor position requires excellent communication skills and a desire to help fellow students. Previous tutoring experience is a plus, but is not required. Preference is given to undergraduate students and students who qualify for work study assistance.
Contact Elizabeth.Sand@ndsu.edu or call 701-231-5554