New Classroom Technology
Award Number: 0604
Submitted by Rosi Kloberdanz & Melissa Stotz
March 8, 2007
Account Number: 18539
Reporting Period: Mid-year report
Description: This proposal was submitted on behalf of the NDSU faculty. It is the standard Spring request for TFAC funding to increase the number of NDSU instrumented classrooms. TFAC funding was provided for installation of 3 complete instrumented classrooms, as well as to incorporate new management tools in each of the existing classrooms.
• 3 complete instrumented classrooms were installed
• Specialty switching configuration was developed and installed in Lib 14a/b/c clusters
• 50 existing instrumented classroom controllers were upgraded with enhanced controllers allowing ITS the ability to troubleshoot, control, and gather information remotely.
Comments: Amount remaining in this fund ($15,359) is comprised of two parts:
1. $8,294 was carried-over from monies that Provost Schnell originally deposited into the fund, separate from TFAC dollars.
2. $7,065 equals a savings due to equipment price reductions.
Balance remaining $15,359