The College of University Studies serves a dual purpose for North Dakota State University. For students not yet ready to declare a major, it provides an opportunity to take General Education courses while exploring majors and options offered by the rest of the University. Students may declare a major and transfer to that major at any time, and generally the process is completed by the sophomore year. If you want more information on being an undecided student at NDSU, please click on the Undecided Quick Link to the left.
For students whose needs are not met by a traditional campus major, the College of University Studies offers the opportunity to design an individualized degree. Working with an academic advisor, generally during their junior year, these students design a degree proposal unique to their needs and goals. This proposal is evaluated by a committee and, upon approval, becomes a plan of study for graduation. For more information on the Bachelor of University Studies degree, please click on the Bachelor of University Studies Quick Link to the left.
Finding Out Who Your Adviser Is:
- Aug 26, Classes begin at 4 p.m.
- Aug 27, First full day of Fall 2013
- Sept 2, No classes, Labor Day
- Sept 4, Last day to add classes on Campus Connection
- Oct 21, Mid term of Fall semester
- Oct 28, Advising Begins for Spring
- Nov 4, Spring registration begins
- Nov 11, No Classes, Veterans day
- Nov 15, Last day drop classes with "W"
- Nov 28, No classes, Thanksgiving
- Nov 29, No classes, Thanksgiving
- Dec 13, Last day of Fall semester
- Dec 20 Commencement for Fall 2013
|College of University Studies|
|NDSU Dept 2800|
|PO Box 6050|
|Fargo, ND 58108-6050|