Van Es 123
701 231 7184
Courses I Teach
- Micr 486, Capstone Experience in Microbiology
- Micr 202, Introductory Microbiology
- Micr 202L, Introductory Microbiology Lab
- Micr 350L, General Microbiology Lab
My Teaching Philosophy
Everyone learns differently, and it is important to help each student find their style of learning. I learn the most when I am having fun and enjoying what I am doing, so I try to bring that to the classroom. My Path to NDSU: I had just completed teaching at MSUM while a faculty member was on sabbatical and there was an opening at NDSU in the Vet & Micro Sciences Department for a Lecturer. I enjoyed teaching and interacting with students during graduate school and my opportunity at MSUM, so I decided to apply. I've been enjoying my employment at NDSU ever since!
Organizations and Committees
- Co-advisor for the NDSU Biotechnology and Microbiology Club
I enjoy spending time with my husband, children, family, and pets. Summer is my favorite season. I enjoy being a land farmer (taking care of our flower beds and lawn). I love teaching about microbes and interacting with students.