Graduate Student Profile
Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) from Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
My active researches focus on defining the ecology of infectious diseases, particularly the food borne pathogens. I am now working on Listeria monocytogenes to define the population dynamics with respect to the various variable environmental factors. In defining the population dynamics of various food borne pathogens, I am using different research tools such as GIS, epidemiology and genomics. I am interested in defining the epidemiology of various foodborne infectious diseases using GIS, genomics and molecular biological techniques.
Departmental and Community Involvement:
Life member: Nepal veterinary Council (NVC). Regd No: 438
General member: Nepal Veterinary Association (NVA)
Selected Publications/Notable Achievements:
- Shiwakoti S. 2006. Molecular Biological techniques in the viral diagnosis and epizootiology. The Blue Cross. 8: 116-118.
- Shiwakoti S. 2008. Occurrence of Bovine Paratuberculosis in Nepal. Institute Of Agriculture and Animal Science. Internship Report.
- Assistant lecturer: Purbanchal university, Nepal
- District Coordinator: Stamping Out Pandemic and Avian Influenza Project (STOP AI)/ USAID – IDE, Nepal
- Veterinary Officer: Government of Nepal
- Technical manager: Hatch Nepal, Agro-feed company and a other small farms in Nepal