We meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday every month at 7 pm in Van Es 101
Our goals are:
- To educate the public of its need for the development of veterinary science and its related fields.
- To familiarize and to aid students in their endeavor to enter a College of Veterinary Medicine.
“For a microbiology major, the Pre-Vet Club provides an outlook at the veterinary profession,” explains Jill Ste. Marie, the former club president. “A lot of our speakers branch out into speaking about public health aspects of veterinary medicine.”
Opportunities for club members include taking part in a mentorship program with local veterinarians and attending the Midwest symposium of pre-vet students. Activities and club events include an annual dog show, fudge sales, visits to clinics and zoos, and seminars by invited speakers.
Other Club Facts:
- Tues 9/11/12-first meeting
- Tues 9/25/12-pizza and webinar St. Matthew’s Vet School webinar
- meetins are held in Van Es 101 at 7:00pm
- there are currently 30-40 members
- dues are $13 at the beginning of the semester and $15 by Nov 1st
- to join: attend a meeting or email the current club president Sarah Schock
2012-2013 Executive Board
President: Sarah Schock Sarah.M.Schock@my.ndsu.edu
Vice President: Brookelle Christman email@example.com
Secretary: Brooke Franzen firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Brian Paulson email@example.com
Reporter: Taylor Cymbaluk firstname.lastname@example.org