The National Weather Service has predicted that spring flooding will once again affect our region. As a result, we feel it is important to provide some information that may assist in planning and decision-making over the next several weeks.
The university deadline to withdraw to zero credits or drop individual regular session courses is Friday, April 5, 2013. The drop deadline for variable length courses can be found at the following: http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/registrar/dates/sessions/1330.pdf.
- If you learn you are being activated, speak with your instructors and determine if it is better for you to remain enrolled or to withdraw. Early notification will allow instructors an opportunity to determine how best to work with you.
- You may withdraw from select classes while remaining enrolled in others. IMPORTANT - You should know that this option may affect your enrollment status and GI Bill benefits. If you have questions, contact our office at (701) 231-7985.
- Communicate changes in your enrollment status to the VA office - call us at (701) 231-7985 or email us at email@example.com.
- If you withdraw from any of your classes and you are using Federal Tuition Assistance, please notify your State Education Officer.
If you are a member of the Army National Guard/Air National Guard and you are called to active duty, please keep the following information in mind should you be unable to meet the published university dates/deadline as detailed above:
- NDSU follows the State Board of Higher Education Policy 510: Rights of Students Called to Active Military Service http://www.ndus.edu/makers/procedures/sbhe/default.asp?PID=200&SID=6
- In order for NDSU to process any withdrawal to zero credits/individual course drops/refunds after the published semester dates/deadlines, you must provide a copy of your activation orders to the VA office, located in 211 Ceres Hall.
- Students may be entitled to a 100% refund. IMPORTANT - Please remember that if you are using GI Bill benefits, you may be required to pay back money owed to the VA.
The following information may also be helpful in planning should the spring semester be interrupted with flood duty:
- Any questions regarding financial aid may be directed to Bison Connection at (701) 231-6200.
- Graduate students should contact the Graduate School at (701) 231-7033 for any special instructions related to graduate level coursework.
- For more information, visit http://www.ndsu.edu/veterans/activation/deployment/.
We wish you the best of luck as you complete your degree.
HAVE QUESTIONS about Military Education Benefits and Services?... Please contact:
211 Ceres Hall
Military and Veterans Services
NDSU Dept. 5210 / P.O. Box 6050 / Fargo, ND 58108-6050
701-231-7985 (local) / 800-608-6378 (toll free) / 701-231-8959 (fax)