NDSU honors its Agriculture and Extension faculty and staff for their work.
North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on campus Dec. 12. Photos from the 2013 Faculty/Staff Awards
Ken Grafton, vice president for Agricultural Affairs, dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, and director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station; Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, and David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, presented the awards during the 22nd annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Fifty people were nominated this year.
The 2013 award recipients were:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award – Scott Pryor, associate professor of agricultural and biosystems engineering
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award – Mohamed Mergoum, professor of plant sciences
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award – Deirdre Prischmann-Voldseth, assistant professor in the School of Natural Resource Sciences (entomology)
- H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award – Kirk Howatt, associate professor of plant sciences
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award – Cheryl Wachenheim, professor of agribusiness and applied economics
- Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award – Carrie Knutson, Grand Forks County Extension agent/4H youth development
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award – Mohamed Khan, Extension sugar beet specialist and professor of plant sciences
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award – Viviana Rivera-Varas, research assistant in the Department of Plant Pathology
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award – Cindy Olson, administrative assistant, Ramsey County Extension
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award – Jim Moos, maintenance mechanic, Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering