Campus Space and Facilities Committee
Campus Planning Principles
- NDSU must maintain ownership of its land.
- NDSU should acquire control or ownership of lands at its perimeter, particularly along the East side of University Drive and the South side of 12th Avenue.
- NDSU may lease land or facilities to private entities for development consistent with the University's mission and master plan.
- Mixed-use development should be the standard for new projects on the NDSU campus.
- Loop road perimeter access using University Drive, 18th Street N., and 19th Avenue N. should be developed with access to parking available from the loop.
- The NDSU campus should become a model laboratory for the state and region by demonstrating planning practices, energy, and resources conservation and environmental preservation.
- NDSU should adopt a "three alternative" planning process.
December 15, 1992; Amended March 19, 1993