Instructions for Mac Computers
Please follow the instructions below to use Operation Find Lite on your Mac computer.
- Download OperationFind_Mac_Linux.zip from the website to your desktop.
- Double-click on the Zip file, this will create a new folder on your desktop named OperationFind_Mac_Linux.
- Open the new folder.
- Double-click on the file called OperationFind.pyw.
- Click OK.
- Select if you want to search for SSNs, Credit Card numbers or both and click OK.
- Select the type of report that you would like to receive (Web page or spreadsheet) and click OK.
- Select the files, folders, drives, media that you wish to search confidential data for and click OK.
- Select the location you wish to have the reports saved to (Desktop works best) (Please make sure the location you save the results in is not the same as the locations you searched) click Choose.
- Click Yes to start the search.
- The Search progress window should appear shortly, also there will be what appears to be a large 16 ton weight icon that appears in the dock.
- The report will consist of either a Find_SSNs.html or a Find_SSNs.csv (depending on the type of report that you choose) file along with a Find_SSNs.txt file.