I.C.E Award Guidelines
IT division staff create value to the university community through innovation, collaboration and exceptional service. Recognize an individual for outstanding accomplishments!
Innovation: Refers to a new way of doing something. It may denote incremental, radical, or revolutionary changes in thinking, products, processes, or organizations.
- Demonstrates "out of the box" thinking to resolve an issue
- Uses a unique, effective, or creative approach or non-traditional method to accomplish a task or provide a service
- The individual holds primary responsibility for the success or positive outcome
- Involves partnership roles (collaboration) with internal IT constituents or with other academic/administrative units
- The result is in practice (i.e., implemented) and is embraced positively by the institution
- Leads to improved performance of the institution, a particular department or unit, or the IT Division
Collaboration: Focuses on teamwork, interactions with others, relationship building, etc.
- Continuously seeks to build positive relationships
- Promotes and engages in information sharing
- Exhibits a collaborative spirit
- Recognizes flexibility and may adapt or deviate from established goals and standard practices when there may be significant impact to the outcome
- Effectively fosters, coaches, mentors and empowers others to succeed
- Displays qualities of a strategic partner within the IT Division, college/university community
- Contributes positively to the community
Excellence: Relates to a high-standard of professional and personal achievement, integrity. Individual exhibits a commitment to outstanding customer service by meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Respects others and their contributions to the organization; listens to ideas and opinions of others
- Goes above and beyond the call of duty to exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrates qualities of credibility, trust, and integrity; practices ethical behavior
- Promotes equity and fairness
- Does not falter in the face of adversity, keeps focused on attaining goals and objectives
- Provides evidence of dedication, reliability, and follow-through
- Inspires others to achieve their potential and celebrates their success
- Contributes to the overall goals of the IT Division by exemplifying the values of the organization (IT Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles)
- IT Division employees eligible for the I.C.E. Award include any full or part-time benefited IT staff, excluding division vice president, assistant/associate vice presidents or managers.
- Individuals on probationary status, or with a current "Did Not Meet Expectations" performance rating or formal written disciplinary action in their personnel file within the last two years are ineligible for the award.
- Individuals on the selection committee are eligible for the award. If nominated, they will remove themselves during the selection process regarding their nomination.