The Division of Student Affairs at North Dakota State University embraces the mission of the university by providing services, programs, and resources to students in support of academic, professional and personal growth.
Central to this mission is a philosophical foundation built upon:
- Collaboration and relationships
- Servant and principle-centered leadership
- Responsibility and self-advocacy
- Recognition of an increasingly diverse student population
- Commitment to student engagement and a transformative learning environment
- Preparation for life in a global society (Updated 2007)
Division of Student Affairs Departmental Mission Statements
Office of Admission
To achieve a desirable student/institutional fit, the Office of Admission is committed to educating individuals and addressing their educational needs so that informed decisions can be made in the college selection process.
To create a positive experience as it relates to the Bison Card and the university population. We will strive to enhance the educational and social environment for our students, the university and the community.
With care and commitment, Bison Connection will serve the NDSU community in navigating the administrative processes of higher education.
The mission of the NDSU Bookstore, an auxiliary unit of the Division of Student Affairs, is to support the academic mission of the University by:
- Making available all required course material in a timely, courteous and inventive manner, providing knowledge and resources to faculty and students alike for NDSU courses.
- Providing merchandise of convenience, to enhance the health, welfare, and quality of life for students, faculty, staff and the campus community.
- Providing a general reading assortment that compliments and supplements course work at NDSU.
- Providing the latest technology to our students, faculty and staff that enhance their work at NDSU.
- Providing information to alumni with regard to souvenir and emblematic merchandise and to make this merchandise available through catalogs, advertising, and promotions and via the internet.
With energy and momentum, North Dakota State University addresses the needs and aspirations of people in a changing world by building on our land-grant foundation.
The mission of the Counseling Center is to encourage individuals to develop their unique potential by providing services and programs in a supportive environment.
To create the highest quality of dining and food related experiences, which will enhance the educational and social environment for our students, the University and the community.
The mission of NDSU Disability Services is to ensure equal access to educational opportunities for students with disabilities to fully participate in the university environment.
The enrollment management unit at NDSU is comprised of Admission, Bison Connection, Career Center, Student Financial Services, Orientation & Student Success, Registration & Records, and Technology Services. The unit promotes the concept of integrated and collaborative efforts by the total campus to maximize the best student/institution match which will positively impact the recruitment and retention of the student population.
The Memorial Union advances student success.
Orientation and Student Success
The Office of Orientation and Student Success works in collaboration with the campus community to provide programs and services aimed at enhancing retention and fostering student success.
Office of Registration and Records
The Office of Registration and Records supports the educational mission of the university by leveraging resources to provide information, systems and services that promote a path to student academic success. The office applies innovative, customer-centered approaches to enrollment services, academic support and records management.
The Department of Residence Life supports students by providing a vibrant, healthy place to live and learn.
This mission defines the core purpose of the Department of Residence Life and serves as a strong foundation from which to build.
Student Financial Services
The Office of Student Financial Services ensures student knowledge and access to financial aid programs which enable them to pursue their educational objectives at North Dakota State University. The specialized services provided by Student Financial Services are sensitive to student needs with emphasis on quality, accuracy and efficiency. In collaboration with the Division of Student Affairs, Student Financial Services enhances a learning environment that supports student growth.
Student Health Service
The mission of the Student Health Service is to support the academic success of a diverse student population in an atmosphere of health and wellness through education and services. Services provided integrated health promotion, education for prevention of disease, and clinical treatment for illness.
Student Life contributes to student learning by providing services, facilities and programs to support an engaged university.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
In support of the University's mission, the Student Rights and Responsibilities program fosters the development of personal accountability and commitment to community by helping students understand how individual decisions affect themselves and others.
We promote the educational opportunity of eligible students whose aspirations, participation, and achievement of post-secondary academic goals may be at risk.
The Wellness Center is dedicated to developing and promoting opportunities for individuals of the University Community to incorporate the seven dimensions of wellness into their lifestyle.
We do this by:
- effective Wellness Education efforts
- state-of-the-art Fitness and Recreation Programs
- convenient and affordable Child Care Services
- promotion of the Seven Dimensions of Wellness