Graduate Assistantship - Fitness Programs
The Graduate Assistant for Fitness Programs will assist the Coordinator of Fitness in the overall organization and administration of a comprehensive Fitness program. This position will also provide opportunities for experience in facility management and staff supervision while supporting the mission of the NDSU Wellness Center.
This position reports to the Coordinator of Fitness.
Assist in coordination of Fitness Programs (80%)
· Programming, promotion, member education (bulletin boards) as well as operations.
· Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate student staff.
· Assist in program evaluation development/revision of rules, policies, and procedures.
· Manage daily administration of program activities, including correspondence with student staff and program participants, management and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
Assist with Wellness Center special events. (5%)
· Support planning and implementation.
· Actively participate in the delivery of special events.
Personal and Professional development, including: (15%)
· Assist in budget development.
· Develop and present workshops on related topics.
· Participate in professional development opportunities.
· Participate as an active member of the Wellness Center Professional Staff Team.
· Attend required staff meetings and education requirements
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Graduate Assistant must be admitted to a graduate program at NDSU
· Must maintain a minimum of 6 credit hours and a 3.0 grade point average for duration of appointment.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· A high degree of enthusiasm and personal initiative.
· Attention to detail and strong organization with the ability to carry out tasks to completion in a multi-tasking environment.
· Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
· Knowledge of Fitness programs.
· National certification in personal training or group exercise.
· Proficient in computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, and others).
· CPR/AED certifications.
· Professionalism and willingness to learn.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment requires an average of (20) hours per week with some evening and weekend hours. Some evening/weekend hours and availability over semester holiday break week(s) are required. Appointment of position is for a maximum of 2 years, with the 2nd year based on performance and annual responsibility review. First year appointment begins approximately mid-August 2015 and runs through Mid-May 2016.
$9,000 for a 9-month appointment and a Full base NDSU tuition waiver (student is responsible for associated fees and books).
APPLICATION MATERIALS: Cover letter; Resume; and (3) professional references (names, addresses and phone numbers).
Submit application materials to: email@example.com Phone: 701.231.5209
Application review begins immediately.