NDSU Student Part-Time Jobs
How Do I Apply?
Attend a Student Employee Information Session.
Student Employee Info Sessions are held each semester.
For dates and times of our next session, go to: http://www.ndsu.edu/wellness/employment/
You will learn about all the areas of employment in the Wellness Center at the Info Session and will receive an application at that time. Please bring your class schedule, any CPR/AED/FirstAid certifications you have earned, and your resume to the session.
Requirements for Student Employment at the NDSU Wellness Center
- NDSU student enrolled in at least 6 credits during regular academic year.
- Attend employment interview, if selected.
- Attend training, if selected.
- Work study eligibility accepted but not required for Wellness Center employment.
The following positions are available to students for work study or on-campus employment:
Group Exercise Instructors
Campus Recreation & Intramural Sports
Climbing Wall Staff
Customer Service Desk Staff
Child Care Staff
- Fitness Staff: Supervise fitness activities, assist members, conduct orientation classes and individual fitness testing, monitor and clean equipment, assist in equipment maintenance, launder towels. Ensure all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedure Priority is given to students in the field of Human Performance and Fitness.
- Group Exercise Instructors: Teach exercise and fitness classes with up to 40 members. Experience preferred.
- Recreational Sports & Intramural Staff: Oversee operations during Open Rec time; make sure equipment is clean and that all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedures.
- Climbing Wall Staff: Oversee climbing wall operations. Teach climbing clinics and help maintain safe practices on the wall.
- Sports Officials: Officiating Intramural sports. No certification needed. Training provided.
- Customer Service Desk Staff: Control access to Wellness Center, sign up new members, supervise general activities, monitor and clean areas, monitor locker rooms, assist in special program creation and registration for Fitness Center and Wellness Education. Some clerical duties, including filing, word processing, copying, data entry, etc. Handle cash, stock vending machines, answer phones, customer service.
- Child Care Staff: Supervision of children ages 6 weeks to 6 years during 4-hour drop-off. Assist with snack preparation and clean-up. Assist with office tasks such as typing, copying and filing. Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification encouraged but not required. Must be dependable and love playing with children. Must have experience working with children. Background check will be conducted.
- Administrative Staff: Answer phones, greet customers, run errands, copy, file, computer data entry, type, collate, staple, mass/bulk mailings, etc. Computer experience preferred. Should be able to work between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Student Custodial Staff: Assist full-time university maintenance workers in preserving cleanliness of Wellness Center. Weekend availability a must.