NDSU Student Part-Time Jobs
To Apply for Student Jobs in Child Care
The NDSU Wellness Center Child Care Center takes applications for employment year-round.
Click Here for a: Wellness Center Child Care Center Application
To Apply for Student Jobs in Fitness, Recreation, and more
The NDSU Wellness Center takes applications year-round, as well as holding Info Session each semester.
Student Employment Info Sessions are held each semester so that you can learn about all the areas of employment that are currently available and you be given a application at that time.
To apply for a position, download the Student Employment Application form and follow the instructions on the first page. Turn in your application to Jeff Dertinger (Wellness Center 176) or email all completed materials to email@example.com
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-231-5213
Student Employment Info Session Dates:
February 3, 2015:
12 pm - 1 pm
February 4, 2015:
12 pm - 1 pm & 6 pm -7 pm
All session are held in the Wellness Center Classroom 166.
Students are asked to bring their class schedule, a copy of their resume, and copies of any current CPR/AED certifications (CPR/AED certifications are not required to be hired, but are required after hired).
The following positions are available to students for work study or on-campus employment:
- Fitness Staff: Supervise fitness activities, assist members, conduct orientation classes and individual fitness testing, monitor and clean equipment, assist in equipment maintenance, launder towels. Ensure all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedure Priority is given to students in the field of Human Performance and Fitness.
- Group Exercise Instructors: Teach exercise and fitness classes with up to 40 members. Experience preferred.
- Recreational Sports & Intramural Staff: Oversee operations during Open Rec time; make sure equipment is clean and that all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedures.
- Climbing Wall Staff: Oversee climbing wall operations. Teach climbing clinics and help maintain safe practices on the wall.
- Sports Officials: Officiating Intramural sports. No certification needed. Training provided.
- Customer Service Desk Staff: Control access to Wellness Center, sign up new members, supervise general activities, monitor and clean areas, monitor locker rooms, assist in special program creation and registration for Fitness Center and Wellness Education. Some clerical duties, including filing, word processing, copying, data entry, etc. Handle cash, stock vending machines, answer phones, customer service.
- Child Care Staff: Supervision of children ages 6 weeks to 6 years during 4-hour drop-off. Assist with snack preparation and clean-up. Assist with office tasks such as typing, copying and filing. Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification encouraged but not required. Must be dependable and love playing with children. Must have experience working with children. Background check will be conducted.
- Administrative Staff: Answer phones, greet customers, run errands, copy, file, computer data entry, type, collate, staple, mass/bulk mailings, etc. Computer experience preferred. Should be able to work between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Student Custodial Staff: Assist full-time university maintenance workers in preserving cleanliness of Wellness Center. Weekend availability a must.