To be eligible for membership you must be:
- A currently enrolled NDSU student registered for at least 1 credit, and paying Student Health and Wellness fees. (Enrollment in DC&E credits and some graduate credits do not qualify.)
- A currently employed NDSU Faculty or Staff.
- A retired NDSU Faculty or Staff, or an employee working for a designated business on the NDSU campus (see Associate Membership).
If you do not meet any of the eligibility requirements above, you may join the Wellness Center only as a Dual Member. Dual Membership requires that you sign up with a paying Student, Staff, Faculty, or Associate Member that will sponsor you. The paying member MUST BE PRESENT when you sign up for your Dual Membership.
Membership Policy Guide
- Membership Policy
- Wallman Wellness Center Facility Guidelines
- Health Club Reimbursment Program
- No additional charge for students who are registered for at least one credit during the current semester.
- Guest Passes - $5 per visit (MUST be accompanied by current member)
- Summer Student Fitness Membership
Guest passes are available on a LIMITED basis during the academic year and daily during the summer. The following guidelines apply to guest passes:
- $5.00 per visit (MUST be accompanied by current member)
- The guest MUST be 18 years of age or older and show valid ID.
- The guest must fill out a New Member Form and Guest Liability Waiver at the first visit.
All registered NDSU students are eligible for fitness membership at the Wallman Wellness Center. Students pay the Health & Wellness Fee along with tuition, therefore there is no additional charge to students to use the Fitness Programs during the academic year.
Each year students MUST fill out a New Member Form (found below) and show your NDSU Bison Card on each visit so the Wellness Center can maintain up-to-date records. You will not be allowed to enter the fitness areas without your NDSU BISON CARD!
Summer Student Fitness Membership
All students will be required to fill out a new membership form so the Wellness Center can maintain updated emergency contact records for each member.
Students taking summer class(es):
Students currently enrolled in a summer class or multiple classes during the summer, do not need to pay a summer membership fee. These summer enrolled students pay the Health & Wellness Fee along with tuition, as all students do in the regular academic year. This fee covers both fitness membership and Student Health Service visits. To activate your membership you must bring a copy of your SUMMER SCHEDULE and BISON STUDENT ID the first time you come in during the summer session.
Students not taking summer classes but enrolled for Fall Semester:
A minimal fee of $72 for the ENTIRE SUMMER (Mid-May to Mid-Aug …that's only $24.00 per month!) will be assessed to students who are not taking summer classes but who are enrolled in school for the fall semester. You must bring a copy of your FALL SCHEDULE and STUDENT ID the first time you return on or after spring graduation.
Students NOT enrolled in summer or fall semester:
Students who graduated in May or have not enrolled in either summer or fall semesters are ineligible to use the Wellness Center during the summer unless they purchase a Dual Membership with a current member.
All NDSU faculty and staff are encouraged to join the Fitness Programs at the Wellness Center for a monthly cost of only $28. All new members are responsible for paying the first month's membership up front. If the employee is benefited, the Wellness Center will payroll deduct the following months through the Payroll department. For non-benefited employees, the Wellness Center will bill the member directly.
To sign up you must fill out a New Member form and Payroll Deduction form (if benefited) at the front desk of the Wellness Center (also available online) and show your NDSU BISON CARD on each visit. You will not be allowed to enter the fitness areas without your NDSU BISON CARD!
To save time when you come to the Wellness Center the first time, please click here to fill out a New Member Form, a Liability Waiver Form and the Payroll Deduction Form . To cancel your Payroll Deduction use the Payroll Deduction Cancellation Form.
Faculty & Staff taking classes on Tuition Waiver:
The Health & Wellness Fee of $10.17 per semester credit supports the NDSU Wallman Wellness Center (Student Health Service and Wellness Center) . When the Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver is used this fee does not get paid. Therefore, you are still considered a faculty or staff member when you sign up for fitness membership at the Wellness Center.
If you are taking courses at NDSU without using the Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver or are using the Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver and are also paying for additional credits, you are eligible to utilize the Wellness Center as a tuition/fee-paying student for the semester in which you are paying. Please contact Kristin Ferris at 231-5204 to verify your status.
An Associate Member is:
- an individual who works on campus but is not paid by the University (i.e. Independent Study, USDA, etc.) or
- a retired NDSU faculty or staff member.
- Current List of Eligible Associate Member Groups: Associate Member Groups 11/2012
Associate members receive a membership card that must be presented to gain entrance to the Fitness areas. Membership fees are $112 for Fall semester, $140 for Spring semester and $84 for Summer session (June, July and August) or $280 annually.
To save time when you come to the Wellness Center the first time, please click here to fill out a New Member Form .
Every paying member of the Wellness Center (student, faculty, staff or associate) is eligible to sponsor ONE additional person under the Dual Membership plan at an additional cost of $28 per month. This person can be a spouse, friend, etc. of the current Wellness Center member.
Dual Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Once a Dual Member is registered and paid, they are members until the following session. Dual Memberships must be renewed at the beginning of each semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) or will be canceled.
To save time when you come to the Wellness Center the first time, please click here to fill out a Dual Member Form.
- Sponsoring member must accompany new Dual Member at sign-up.
- New Dual Member must be at least 18 years of age or older and must present ID at sign-up.
- FULL PAYMENT IS DUE AT SIGN-UP - Payment is NONREFUNDABLE!!
- Dual Membership is non-transferable.
- Dual Member must provide ID and issued Dual Membership Card to gain access to Fitness Programs.
- Dual Member does NOT need to be accompanied by sponsoring member on visits following initial sign-up.
- $112 for 4 months, pro-rated after September 15, full payment due at sign-up.
- UNLIMITED access to Fitness Programs during fall semester
- $140 for 5 months, prorated after January 15, full payment due at sign-up.
- UNLIMITED access to Fitness Programs during spring semester.
- $84 for 3 months, pro-rated after June 18, full payment due at sign-up.
- UNLIMITED access to Fitness Programs during summer.