Health Club Credit Program
The NDSU Wellness Center is a participating club in the NDPERS and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Dakota Health Club Credit Program. Currently, we do NOT participate in the BCBS of MN Health Club Credit program.
Wellness Center members who enroll in the BCBSND Health Club Credit program are eligible to receive a $20-a-month credit (reimbursement) for membership fees. Individuals must work out at least 12 days per month to receive their credit. (Only one visit per day will be counted.) A maximum of two (2) people - subscriber and spouse age 18 and older - can participate with a maximum credit of $40 per household.
You MUST complete 3 steps in order to enroll in the BCBSND Health Club Credit program and to receive any BCBSND Wellness incentives. Upon enrolling, be prepared to provide the following:
- Name, contact information, and date of birth (This must match your BCBSND information EXACTLY.)
- University Employee ID number
- 2011-2012 BCBSND health plan information from card received after July 2011.
- Checking or savings account routing and account numbers. These are generally found on the bottom of a check or deposit slip that is used by financial institutions to transfer funds and complete transactions.
IF YOU ARE REACTIVATING A CANCELLED ACCOUNT, CONTACT KRISTIN FERRIS AT 231-5204.
Health Club Credit Enrollment Steps
Please note, the process to enroll is not the same for all health/fitness clubs.
Step #1 - Enroll with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Dakota at the Healthy Blue Website
- Click on “NOT REGISTERED? SIGN UP NOW”, and follow the instructions to set up your account.
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR ANNUAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT”, and complete the Health Assessment.
- (The Health Assessment must be completed annually every January following your initial sign-up.)
Step #2 - Create your VANCO Account
- Once you reach the VANCO Services link, click "ENROLL" to enter your personal and bank account information. (The VANCO Services link is not part of NDSU or BCBSND web sites. Credits are handled by VANCO Financial Services. )
- You can edit your account at any time. You will need your Wellness Center Membership ID and your Health Plan or Wellness ID to log into your Vanco account.
- Enter your BCBSND ID# (from card received after July 2011)
- Enter your NDSU Employee ID#. This must be a 9 digit number:
- If you are an NDSU staff or faculty member, add 01 after your NDSU Employee ID#
- If you are the spouse of an NDSU staff or faculty member, add 02 after your ID#.
- If you still do not have 9 digits, add a 0 (or 00s) to the beginning of your ID# until you have a total of 9 digits. (Example: if your Employee ID# is 123456 and you are a staff member, your ID# will be: 012345601.)
- For Dual or Associate members, this is the ID# on your Wellness Center ID card.
- Enter the checking or savings account routing and account numbers from bottom of your check.
- DO NOT SET UP A SECOND VANCO ACCOUNT.
Step #3 - Return Completed Health Club Credit Notification Form to the Wellness Center Customer Service Desk
- Notify us that you wish to participate in the Health Club Credit Program by returning the completed Health Club Credit Program Notification Form to the Wellness Center Customer Service Desk within 2 weeks of joining the Wellness Center.
If you need further assistance, email the Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.