Wellness Center Guidelines
1. Students, faculty and staff must present a valid NDSU ID card to gain admittance to the Fitness Programs areas. Dual members must have a valid Wellness Center ID card.
2. Entry to the Wellness Center, as well as exit must be through the main entrances. Other exits should be used only in the event of an emergency.
3. Individuals with special physical needs may request entry assistance from the Customer Service Desk.
1. Participation is at your own risk.
2. The Wellness Center staff reserves the right to refuse admittance or to request individuals to leave the center.
3. Martial arts weapons are prohibited unless supervised by a certified instructor.
4. Smoking, smokeless tobacco and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the Wellness Center.
5. All recreation facilities should be used for their intended purpose. Modification of equipment or facilities is prohibited unless under the supervision of Wellness Center staff.
6. The Wellness Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is highly recommended that you do not bring valuables to the Wellness Center. Report incidents and thefts to the Customer Service Desk and to Campus Police.
7. Food items must be consumed in the lounge or vending areas.
8. Bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates, and scooters are not permitted in the Wellness Center.
9. The use of cellular telephones, cameras, and other devices with photographic or video capabilities is only permitted in the Atrium area unless approved by Wellness Center staff.
10. Only assistance dogs for the blind, deaf, hard of hearing or physically challenged are permitted.
11. Violation of these rules or of other posted policies, malicious use or defacing of Wellness Center property, solicitation, verbal abuse of employees, or other violations of NDSU policy will be investigated by the staff and/or the NDSU Police Department. Violation can lead to disciplinary action including Wellness Center privileges being revoked.
Attire and Footwear
1. Proper athletic shoes are required. Sandals are not allowed in the activity areas. Only non-marking soles are permitted on hardwood floors.
2. Participants are encouraged to wear appropriate attire: t-shirts, shorts, warm-up suits, sweat suits, or aerobics attire that cover the torso. Street clothing can be dangerous and confining when exercising.
1. DO NOT DROP THE WEIGHTS! The machines and weights should be used with care. Dropping weights and weight stacks can cause injury and equipment damage.
2. Users should be courteous to others by limiting the length of their workout on a machine when others are waiting. Please avoid sitting on weight machines or benches during resting periods. "Work-in" with others on all strength equipment to optimize the usage of this area.
3. If weights, pulleys, or other parts become jammed, users should not attempt to free them without assistance. Report the problem to the Wellness Center staff.
4. Users should always inspect equipment for loose, frayed or worn parts before using. If in doubt, do not use the equipment until a Fitness Programs staff member checks the machine.
5. To reduce the chance of injury, users should keep head and limbs clear of weights and moving parts at all times.
6. Cardiovascular machines will be limited to 30-minute sessions during busy times. Please be respectful of others who are waiting to use the equipment.
7. Obey the directional arrow for the tracks. Runners are encouraged to use the West track, and walkers the East track.
8. Wipe off the equipment when you are done using it with the wipes that are provided throughout the fitness area.
9. Replace weight plates, dumbbells and all other equipment when done using them.
Locker rooms are provided for use by patrons of the Fitness areas. Locker users must provide locks. Members leaving items in lockers overnight will have their lock cut and items will be placed in Lost & Found. Showers are provided in the locker rooms and shower towels are available at the main control desk for $.50 per use.