La Toya Kissoon
Current Position: Postdoctoral researcher and On-line course instructor
Postdoc Project 1 Title: Variations in lake turbidity and phytoplankton biomass: influence of Mn and Si.
Postdoc Project 2 title: Cadmium in wetland systems
Postdoc Project 3 title: Nanoparticles and aquatic plants: growth and uptake
Course information: BIOL 124: Environmental Science (offered online in Fall semester): this course focuses on environmental issues and challenges facing earth and human civilization.
PhD conferred: August 2012
- Project: Biogeochemistry of wet ecosystems : from root zone to landscape
- Project Information.
- International Phyotecnology Society - NIEHS PhytoScholar Award (2013)
- North Central Chapter - Society of Wetland Scientists Student Travel Award (2008, 2011, 2012)
- North Dakota EPSCoR Doctoral Dissertation Assistantship (August 2010 - August 2012)
- 7th Annual Northern Plains Biological Symposium - best paper presentation (April 2010)
- Grants in Aid of Research, Sigma Xi (April 2010)
- Wetland Field Grant, The Wetland Foundation
- Sheila Kath Scholarship, Department of Biological Sciences, North Dakota State University (2007)
Contact information: latoya.kissoon(at)ndsu.edu
All images are copyright of WERG.