North Dakota 4-H Parent Page
Parental Involvement is vital to a 4-H member's success. Support from parents keep youth interested, enthusiastic and active in the 4-H program.
4-H can provide an opportunity to:
- Help families communicate better as they work toward a common goal.
- Give the family a feeling of unity.
- Discuss goal setting, decision making and service to others.
- Educate the entire family.
- Be part of a group in which they can share rewards and be encouraged during times of disappointment.
So, What Is 4-H?
In simplest terms, 4-H is a fun, learn-by-doing educational program for young people. It is the youth development program of the North Dakota State University Extension Service and is available in every county in North Dakota, but it's much more than that...
The 4-H Mission
To create supportive learning environments for youth and adults to reach their fullest potential as capable, competent, and caring citizens.
What Will Members Learn?
4-H teaches skills for individuals to use throughout their lives. These skills are taught and practiced through hands-on projects, community service, educational events and activities.
Evaluating the Impact of North Dakota 4-H Parent/Guardian Information Letter