Ambassadors are a group of young adults ages 16 to 22 who work to help North Dakota 4-H. The Ambassadors do many things. Here is a sample of the duties of the Ambassadors:
- Enhance and promote the North Dakota 4-H Youth program with state and county Extension staff and 4-H volunteers.
- Act as an advisor for 4-H youth ideas and concerns.
- Create awareness of opportunities for older youth in 4-H.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of the North Dakota State Extension Youth Conference, and other state functions.
- Provide 4-H Ambassadors as resource people throughout the state by county or individual request.
There are many different activities within the Ambassador program including:
- working at the North Dakota State Fair;
- organizing and presenting the ND State Extension Youth Conference;
- volunteering, attending, and planning retreats;
- travel and much more.
Are you interested yet? Contact your local county extension office for more information and an application.
- Ambassadors are chosen twice a year
- Application due dates are Oct. 15 & May 15 of each year