State 4-H Consumer Choices Contest
Every day you make choices. It might be what you are going to eat, what you are going to wear, or what to buy. Consumer Choices teaches you how to make decisions based on information that you have learned and studied and on facts that you have collected. It can also help you learn to defend your decisions.
The 4-H Consumer Choices Contest can help you practice making decisions by matching your knowledge, skills and abilities against those of others. You will learn to rank articles or products over others based on standards and quality.
Contact your local extension office for information on local contests.
Consumer Choices Categories
Consumer Choices is divided into three age categories:
- Beginner: Ages 8-9 before September 1 of the current 4-H year (or may choose to participate in the junior division)
- Junior: Ages 10-13 (age 10 before September 1 and up to age 13 as of December 31 of the current 4-H year)
- Senior: Ages 14-18 (as of December 31 of the current 4-H year)
Consumer Choices Links
- Consumer Choices Publication (CC616)
- 2016 Beginner Study Guides and Sample Classes (CC617)
- 2016 Jr/Sr Study Guides and Sample Classes (CC618)
- Consumer Choices Fact Sheet
- Consumer Choices Senior Registration Sheet
- Consumer Choices Junior Registration Sheet
- Consumer Choices Score Sheet
- Consumer Choices Project Sheet