Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
NDSU Dept. 7620
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
701-231-6107; Fax: 701-231-1008
Dr. Halis Simsek
- Biological wastewater treatment, environmental biochemistry, microbial processes for bioremediation of organic and inorganic substances.
- Photochemical and electrochemical water and wastewater treatment.
- Fate, transport, and reuse of nutrients in water resource recovery facilities.
- Fate and transport of nutrients in the agricultural systems
- Mathematical/numerical modeling of agricultural and environmental systems.
- Agricultural water quality – irrigation, runoff, and livestock.
- Agricultural application of municipal biosolids
- Impacts of agricultural production on surface and groundwater quality
Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering
North Dakota State University
M.S. Agricultural & Biological Engineering
M.S. Environmental Engineering
Gebze Institute of Technology, Gebze, Turkey
B. Eng. Environmental Engineering
Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
- ABEN 452/652 - Bioenvironmental System Design
- ASM 475 - Management of Agricultural Systems