Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
NDSU Dept. 7620
PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Dr. Md. Saidul Borhan
• Knowledgeable in environmental regulations, Livestock Manure and Mortality Management Regulation, and National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
• Conduct research related to characterization and abatement of air pollutants including real-time measurement of gaseous emissions (ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, greenhouse gas (GHGs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)) from stationary agricultural sources.
• Experienced in evaluating different odor and gaseous emission mitigation techniques including surface aeration (odor and hydrogen sulfide), gas permeable tubes (NH3 gas from dairy waste), low cost wet scrubber (CH4, H2S, and NH3 gas from poultry and swine barns), and nano-particles (CH4 and H2S gas from dairy waste and swine slurry) and Nutrients and liquid-solids separation system (weeping wall solids-liquid separation systems) in a dairy operation.
• In-depth knowledge on environmental instrumentation including calibration, installation, configuration of wastewater and air quality sensors. Proficient in programming data loggers for real-time data collection.
• Real time monitoring and quantifying gaseous emissions using advanced instruments such as gas chromatograph (GC), Fourier Transformed Infrared (FTIR), and non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) technologies.
• Experienced in the employment of USEPA standard measurement methods/protocols for monitoring air pollutants emitted from the stationary sources.
• Proficient in troubleshooting, operation, calibration, quality assurance/control, data assessement of field instruments.
• Highly proficient in determining emission rates and emission factors for pollutant gases emit from poultry, dairy, beef feedyard, and lagoons. Expert in air quality data/sample collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
• In-depth knowledge in statistical concepts such as experimental design, linear statistical models building and multivariate statistics. Non-linear model building using neural network
Ph.D., Engineering North Dakota State
M.Eng., Agricultural and Food Engineering Asian Institute of Technology
B.S., Agricultural Engineering Bangladesh Agric. University