Content | Navigation |

Accounting Office


Procedures for Correcting Entries on Purchasing Card Transactions

For all purchasing card transactions dated March 1, 2015 and forward, the processing of those transactions in PeopleSoft is now being done through the AP Voucher system.  That means that all correcting entries (when funding string errors are made) will need to be prepared on the Journal Voucher form.   Attached is information and instruction on the Journal Voucher form.   

If you still need to make funding string error corrections on purchasing card transactions dated prior to March 1st, then please use the Correcting Entry Request form.  Also attached are instructions on how to reference the Original Document/Journal # and Date for this. 

If default funding is used on purchasing card transactions for later reallocation to appropriate funding sources, then the Cost Transfer Request form must be used.  Default funds are not normally used for purchasing card transactions and does not include forgetting to reallocate the transactions on the JP Morgan website prior to the download date. 

You may also refer to the recent email sent out on 4-1-15 from the Accounting office concerning the difference between Correcting Entries & Cost Transfers for aid in determining which form to use.  

Please contact our office at 231-7432 or with any questions you may have.


Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps

North Dakota State University

Phone: +1 (701) 231-7432 / Fax: (701) 231-6194
Campus address: Old Main 11
Physical/delivery address: 1340 Administration Ave, Fargo, ND 58102
Mailing address: NDSU Dept. 3100 / PO Box 6050 / Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Page manager: Accounting