TO: All Department Heads and NDSU staff with expense approval authorization and PeopleSoft Finance access:
The Authorized Signature form for FY 2018 is now available on-line under the Accounting section of the NDSU forms page at the following link Accounting Office Forms page . Be sure to select the correct form titled: Authorized Signatures – 2018. If you have any changes to the authorized signatures for the remainder of fiscal year 2017, please contact the Accounting Office for the Authorized Signature – 2017 form and we will email it to you.
Please read the entire Authorized Signature Form Instructions before continuing to the form for completion. To avoid the form being returned for corrections make sure you pay special attention to the following:
· Print form in ‘Landscape’ orientation, do not print in ‘Portrait’
· Department Head approval signature is required
· Separate form to be completed for each department number
· Original signatures required
· All signatures should be in ‘non-black’ ink.
· If an individual has both types of authorization (AE & DEO), a written justification must be provided as to why they have both types of authorization. This justification can be provided on the back of the form, on a separate piece of paper or on the front of the form, if space allows. Following is an example of a written explanation:
- “Name of employee” needs authorization to approve expenses and enter invoices on-line because “we have limited staff members”, but they will not do both for the same transaction.
The form must be returned to the Accounting Office no later than July 15, 2017. This form is for the fiscal year 2018 and the authorized signatures must be on-hand for the fiscal year 2018 transactions as a requirement for auditing purposes.
- If your department is under the College of Agriculture or Experiment Stations, route this form through the Ag Budget Office for the appropriate signatures needed.