ACE (Academic Collegiate Enhancement) employs undergraduate students for several different positions. Information about being an ACE Tutor is below.
To learn more about becoming a Rising Scholars Peer Mentor, visit the Rising Scholars Employment Page.
Peer tutors at ACE help facilitate learning outside of the classroom through reviewing concepts and questions with other current NDSU students. Tutoring will occur in many modalities including online, in-person, group meetings, and individual sessions. Tutors not only show enthusiasm for the material and learning, but also use person-centered skills to help build confidence and ease the stress of the students working with them in a calm and organized manner. Tutors are eligible to tutor any class in which they have received an A/B, granted their past professor endorses it.
- Current students who have completed at least one semester at NDSU
- At least at 3.0 cumulative GPA at hiring and throughout employment
- Final grade of an A or B in any classes the applicant wants to tutor
- Positive recommendation from past professors in the classes the applicants would tutor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Previous experience as a tutor
- Knowledge of other academic support programs on the NDSU campus
- ACE Tutoring is located in the lower level of West Dining Center.
- This is a paid position. Compensation rate will be included in the official position posting.
Why become an ACE Tutor?
- Expand your skills and knowledge for classes you have taken and done well in.
- We have a supportive team – make new friends and connections with other tutors.
- Schedule work around your classes.
- Great training to make sure you are comfortable and confident as a tutor.
- Gain new skills to grow as a student, leader, and scholar.
- Be of help and service to other students at NDSU to help them succeed in classes and build connection and belonging.
- Plus, if you are thinking about going into leadership roles, teaching, grad school or taking the GRE, MCAT, or LSAT tutoring is great for your preparation.
- New increased starting pay rate.
Courses we are often hiring for. We are accepting applications for tutors in ALL courses, but we are especially looking for tutors for ACCT 200, 201; BUSN 340, 341, 380; CHEM 117, 121, 122, 160, 341; CSCI 160, 161; ECE 111, 173, 311; EE 206; IME 330, 440, 460; MATH 98, 105, 165, 166; ME 212, 221, 222, 223; MIS 116, 118, 228, 320, 350, 375; PHYS 120, 211, 251, 252; PSYC: 111, 27; STAT 330, 331
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 701.231.5554
North Dakota State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, Vietnam Era Veterans status, sexual orientation, marital status, or public assistance status. Direct inquiries to the Executive Director and Chief Diversity Office, 202 Old Main, (701) 231-7708.