Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver
North Dakota State University is pleased to offer the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver, an award intended to assist students with their educational costs. For the purpose of the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver, diversity is defined as anyone who comes from one or more of the following underrepresented groups:
- Native American/American Indian
- Alaska Native
- African American/Black
- Hawaiian Native/Other Pacific Islander
- Multiracial/Multiethnic (from the above categories)
Among the students identified as culturally diverse, priority is given to:
- Students with high financial need (based on results of the completed 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as of February 1, 2018
- First generation college students
- Students who are single parents
- North Dakota residents
- Enrolled members of a Native American/American Indian tribe or Alaska Native village
Due to the limited number of awards available, not all applicants are guaranteed this waiver. To apply, a Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver Application, with necessary documentation, must be completed in Academic Works by the April 1 deadline. No late applications will be accepted.
The 2018-19 Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver Application is available below. Awarding for the 2017-18 academic year has concluded.
To be considered for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver, you must:
- Be admitted to NDSU by April 1, 2018 and meet one of the following:
* new undergraduate first-year student with a 2.75 cumulative high school GPA
* new undergraduate transfer student with a 2.0 cumulative college GPA
- Submit the online Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver Application by April 1, 2018.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), indicating NDSU's school code of 002997. Information from the FAFSA is used in the awarding of the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver. To be considered, you must submit your FAFSA free of errors by NDSU's February 1, 2018 priority deadline
- Include tribal documentation with your Cultural Diversity Waiver Application if you are an enrolled member of a tribe or a direct descendant.
Scholarship opportunities have varying deadlines and may also rely on FAFSA information for need-based awards. Be sure to submit all applications early to allow for optimal consideration. You may receive e-mails if you are selected for a scholarship or need to provide additional information for a scholarship opportunity. The NDSU scholarship application supports the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge.