Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount
North Dakota State University is pleased to offer the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount to qualified students. For the purpose of the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount, cultural diversity is defined as anyone who comes from the following underrepresented groups:
- Native American/American Indian (priority given to enrolled members of a tribe)
- Alaskan Native (priority given to enrolled members of a village)
- African American/Black
- Hawaiian Native/Other Pacific Islander
- Multiracial/Multiethnic (from the above categories)
Among the students identified as culturally diverse, priority is given to:
- Students with high financial need based on results of the completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- First Generation College Students
- Students enrolled full-time at NDSU
- Students who are single parents
Due to the limited number of awards available, all students who meet the definition of cultural diversity are not guaranteed a Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount. To apply for the discount, a complete Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount application, with necessary documentation, must be received in the Office of Admission by February 1 for the following fall.
For additional requirements, please refer to the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount Guide.
Awarding for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount for the 2016-17 academic year has concluded. The 2017-18 application will be available in the fall.
To be considered for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount, you must:
- Be admitted to NDSU by the February 1 deadline
- Submit the Cultural Diversity Discount Application by the February 1 deadline (the Office of Admission must receive your application by this date)
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), indicating NDSU's school code of 002997 by NDSU's February 1 priority deadline
- Include tribal documentation with your Cultural Diversity Discount Application if you are an enrolled member of a tribe