Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount
North Dakota State University is pleased to offer the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount to qualified students. For the purpose of the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount, cultural diversity is defined as anyone who comes from the following underrepresented groups:
- Native American/American Indian (priority given to enrolled members of a tribe)
- Alaskan Native (priority given to enrolled members of a village)
- African American/Black
- Hawaiian Native/Other Pacific Islander
- Multiracial/Multiethnic (from the above categories)
Among the students identified as culturally diverse, priority is given to:
- Students with high financial need based on results of the completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- First Generation College Students
- Students enrolled full-time at NDSU
- Students who are single parents
Due to the limited number of awards available, all students who meet the definition of cultural diversity are not guaranteed a Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount. To apply for the discount, a complete Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount application must be completed in Academic Works by February 1 for the following fall.
Benefits and limitations of the award can be found in the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount Guide.
The 2017-18 Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount Application is available below. Awarding for the 2016-17 academic year has concluded.
To be considered for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount, you must:
- Be admitted to NDSU by the February 1 deadline
- Once admitted to NDSU, submit the Cultural Diversity Tuition Discount Application by the February 1 deadline. The application must be completed in Academic Works by February 1. No late applications will be considered.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), indicating NDSU's school code of 002997 by NDSU's February 1 priority deadline
- Include tribal documentation with your Cultural Diversity Discount Application if you are an enrolled member of a tribe
The scholarship application is provided through AcademicWorks. Scholarship opportunities have varying deadlines and may also rely on FAFSA information for need-based awards. Be sure to submit all applications early to allow for optimal consideration. You may receive e-mails from AcademicWorks if you are selected for a scholarship or need to provide additional information for a scholarship opportunity. To ensure proper e-mail delivery, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to spam filters. AcademicWorks supports the latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge.