Full-Time Intensive English Study
The Intensive English Language Program (IELP) at NDSU is designed to help non-native speakers achieve English proficiency. Enrollment for IELP students is limited to English classes. To be considered for degree-seeking admission with IELP, please review conditional admission information on our English Proficiency page.
IELP Admission Requirements
Applications are evaluated on an individual basis. The university uses selective admission criteria to ensure adequate preparation, which will enable students to be successful in their academic pursuits. NDSU reviews the following criteria:
- Academics and English Proficiency – All applicants should have a secondary school educational background in the core curriculum of laboratory science, mathematics, social science and English to be considered for admission. Students who do not meet these minimum guidelines will still be considered for admission if there is evidence in the student's academic record that demonstrates a high probability of success. In addition, all applicants must demonstrate English proficiency for admission consideration. Learn more about the requirements.
IELP Admission Procedures
To be considered for admission, you must submit the following documentation.
- The application for admission.
- A nonrefundable application fee will be collected through your online application upon submission. An admission decision is not made until the fee is paid.
Your official academic records for all institutions attended and national exams taken:
- Request that official secondary marks/transcripts be sent directly from your institution to NDSU [see below for mailing address]
- If records are not in English, be sure to include a certified English translation
- If we are unable to verify your educational records, we reserve the right to request an external credential evaluation report from a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member such as Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). Follow these instructions on how to request this report. In future, if you do decide to apply as a degree-seeking student to NDSU, please be aware that you may be required to submit an external credential evaluation at that time.
- English test scores
- Learn more about the requirements.
Submit Your Documents