Business Studies Exploratory Area
Do you like communicating or leading others to complete projects? Do you like analyzing, marketing and persuading? The Business Studies Exploratory Area is for students who have an interest in working in a wide variety of settings such as corporate office or a non-profit organization.
Here are some majors you may want to consider exploring:
- Agricultural Economics
- Apparel, Retail Merchandising & Design
- Business Administration
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Management Communication
- Management Information Systems
- Sport Management
This is a list of courses that students can choose from to help explore the Business Studies Exploratory Area. It is always important to consult with an academic advisor before choosing which course might best fit your interests.
- ADHM 140 Intro to the Hospitality Industry
- AGEC 242 Intro to Agricultural Management
- HNES 190 Intro to Sport Management (Spring only)
- ADHM 141 Tourism & Travel Management
- ADHM 160 Interior Design Careers
- ADHM 171 Fashion Dynamics
- COMM 112 Understanding Media & Social Change
- COMM 114 Human Communication
- ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
Would you like more information regarding the majors in the Business Studies Exploratory Area?
Contact Jessie Bauer, Academic Advisor