How to Change Majors
Are You Looking to Change Your Major or Add a Second Major?
Beginning fall 2018, there is a new process to change your major. Please follow the steps below to make a major change appointment with an advisor. This will help you get all of the information you need in order to make a good decision on your new major.
Here are the steps to set up a major change appointment:
2. Click on “Get Assistance” in the upper right corner.
3. Select "Advising" from the menu options.
Select "Major Change Advising from the menu options.
Select “Change My major” from the next menu, then click “Next”.
5. Select the major that you would like to change into from the menu options. IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR INTENDED MAJOR LISTED, PLEASE SELECT "ADVISING RESOURCE CENTER".
6. Select an advisor to meet with from the menu options, then click "Next".
7. Select an available time to meet, then click "Next".
8. Confirm the following details of your appointment: Date, Time and Location. You may also write any helpful comments to the advisor and choose an appointment reminder option. Once complete, click "Confirm Appointment".
Major Change Form
Advisor Use Only:
Are you a new student to NDSU for Summer or Fall 2019?
Please contact the Office of Admission to change your major.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-231-8643