The future can be full of uncertainty, however, trying out the AFROTC program is a great avenue to start this journey. Some benefits of joining our program include:
‣ No obligation; Non-contract cadets can learn and experience the military lifestyle to see if it's a right fit.
‣ You will experience camaraderie which is unmatched in most other organizations (we call it "Wingmanship").
‣ Take part in experiences that you will remember for a lifetime.
‣ Grow as an individual and gain a sense of belonging with a group of peers who share common interests.
‣ Develop a healthy and fit lifestyle.
‣ Base visits (go see an AF base up close, with the trip paid for by the government).
‣ Travel free on space-available military flights as a contracted cadet.
‣ Access to sporting events (i.e. on the field for Bison games).
‣ Get college credit for Air Force ROTC courses and earn an Aerospace Studies minor.
‣ Scholarship opportunities, which cover tuition, most fees, and includes a book allotment.
‣ Get extra spending money: $300 to $500 nontaxable monthly stipend while in school.
‣ Receive the in-state tuition rate for contracted cadets.
‣ Learn new organizational skills to help you succeed in other classes.
‣ Develop leadership and managerial skills through hands-on practice, which you will use as an Air Force officer or in corporate America.
‣ Enter a select network of ROTC graduates across the military and commercial world.
‣ Hone your teamwork skills through group problem-solving exercises.
Some benefits after graduation and commissioning include:
‣ Guaranteed employment for 4 years or more in a leadership position in over 150 officer career paths after graduation.
‣ Starting salary about $55k per year with regular pay raises.
‣ 30 days paid vacation per year.
‣ Travel the world for basically free (official business or on vacation).
‣ Tax-free housing and food allowances.
‣ Access to base recreational facilities and programs that offer free or discounted tickets.
‣ Comprehensive medical/dental care for you and low-cost coverage for your spouse/children.
‣ Low-cost life insurance for you and your spouse/children.
‣ Retirement eligible after only 20 years.