Dickinson REC 2023 Manning Ranch Field Day Set
G.P.S. ear tags. rangeland nitrogen cycle, genetics research, forage nitrates and heifer development will be among the topics during the Manning Ranch summer field day July 12 at North Dakota State University’s (NDSU) Dickinson Research Extension Center Ranch Headquarters (DREC). Lunch will be provided after the tour.
The program begins 9:00 a.m. (MST) at the Manning Ranch Headquarters in Manning, ND (Section 19) and will be followed with a lunch.
Field day topics and presenters are:
- Nitrogen cycle in rangeland
- Dr. Llewellyn Manske, DREC Scientist of Rangeland Research
- Heifer development/finishing
- Doug Landblom, DREC Associate Research Extension Center Specialist
- March versus May calving systems
- Dr. Zach Carlson, NDSU Extension Beef Cattle Specialist
- Interplay of cow sizer in the production system
- Dr. Lauren Hanna, NDSU Associate Professor
- Fertilizer impacts on forage nitrates
- Ria McLaughlin, NRM Master Student
- 701x/Precision Cattle Tags/Cattle Monitoring
- Max Cossette, NDSU graduate student in agricultural economics
Requests for accommodations related to disability should be made to the event contact person at least two weeks in advance of the event.