Dickinson Research Extension Center Horticulture Tour
Pollinator gardens, emerald ash borer, soil testing, and composting will be among the topics during the annual summer horticulture field day July 13 at North Dakota State University’s (NDSU) Dickinson Research Extension Center (DREC). This will be a walking tour, but there will be a courtesy shuttle available. Lunch will be provided after the tour.
Field day topics and presenters for the horticulture tour are:
- Emerald Ash borer
- Blake Johnson, City of Dickinson Forester
- Tree predation and other arbor issues
- Dr. Joe Zeleznik, NDSU Extension Specialist-NRM
- Garden update
- Dr. Tom Kalb
- Pollinator garden
- Dr. Jan Knodel, NDSU Extension Entomologist
- Trouble shooting compost and garden soil fertility management
- Dr. Chris Augustin, NDSU soil scientist and DREC director
Requests for accommodations related to disability should be made to the event contact person at least two weeks in advance of the event.