NDSU Extension Farm Safety at Big Iron
Farming and ranching are dangerous occupations. To help raise awareness of safety concerns, North Dakota State University agents and specialists will offer several interactive booths on safety during the Big Iron Farm Show in West Fargo, Sept. 13-15. Topics include hearing loss, farm stress and grain bin safety.
Hearing Loss Prevention
- Determine strategies to prevent agriculture-related hearing loss.
- Pick up new NDSU Extension publication with buying guide for hearing protection devices.
- Participate in NDSU Extension's hearing loss prevention work for a chance to win a set of NDSU Extension earmuffs.
Farm and Ranch Stress
- "Test your stress" to identify how you handle stress on your farm or ranch operation.
- Learn ways to identify, manage and respond to stress with resources.
See www.ndsu.edu/agriculture/ag-hub/ag-topics/farm-safety-health/managing-stress for more information and resources.
Grain Bin Safety
- Check out NDSU Extension's slip, trip and fall safety demonstration ladder that can prevent dangerous falls.
- See a lockout/tagout kit and learn how and where you could use one on your grain handling operation.
- Try on a class III harness.
- Talk to experts on how to create a plan for grain bin entry.
See www.ndsu.edu/agriculture/ag-hub/ag-topics/farm-safety-health/farm-safety/grain-bin-safety for more information.
Requests for accommodations related to disability should be made to the event contact person at least two weeks in advance of the event.