Tractor Safety Camp - WEST
Please note another Tractor Safety Camp is planned in the EAST held at NDSU Campus.
For ages 13-15
Tractor Safety Camp is designed to teach youth how to be safe on the farm. The camp is for youth ages 13-15 who plan to work on a farm and is required by HOOA (Hazardous Occupations Order in Agriculture) to work for someone other than their immediate family. Youth will learn safe practices around farm equipment, rules of the road, ATV safety and labor rules. Upon completion of the camp, youth will acquire a farm permit to operate farm equipment and work around livestock for hire. The camp is filled with fun activities and hands-on riding on tractors.
June 9- 11, 2022
Camp begin with check-in at 4 p.m. on Thursday and end at 5 p.m. Saturday
A deposit of $50 is required at online registration. The remaining balance is to be paid no later than two weeks before camp start date. The deposit is applied to the total camp fee and is non-refundable. Payments may be made online or by a check payable to ND 4-H Foundation.
A confirmation will be sent via email upon receipt of your registration. All correspondence will be through the email address you provide to UltraCamp when you set up your profile online.
4-H membership is NOT required for participation. Scholarships are available for income eligible families. Please contact the Center for 4-H office for more information (701) 231-7251.
Be prepared to answer these questions during registration:
- Has your child operated or drove a tractor (greater than 20 horsepower) before attending this camp? Yes or No
- Has your child operated or drove a skidsteer before attending this camp? Yes or No
- Will your child be working for a farmer/rancher, other than on your own family’s operation? Yes, No, Maybe
- Will your child be working with livestock while employed or on the family farm?
- Has your child been certified through an ATV course? Yes or No
- Does your child have a properly fitted ATV helmet? Yes or No
Requests for accommodations related to disability should be made to the event contact person at least two weeks in advance of the event.