Researchers have reported that regular consumption of pulses may reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and certain types of cancer. Pulses are a versatile, easy-to-prepare ingredient that can be used in entrees, salads, breads and desserts.
This educational website provides:
- Publications - Learn the benefits of regularly consuming pulses as part of a healthy diet and recipe ideas for adding them to your menus.
- Teaching Materials - Resources for educators.
- Research - Read the latest research associated with chickpeas, split peas and lentils.
- Quantity Recipes - Large scale recipes to be used in foodservice facilities or with large groups.
- Standard Recipes - Recipes for the at-home-cook.
- Videos - Recipe demonstrations.
Development of many of the materials on this website was made possible, in part, with funding from the Northern Pulse Growers Association.