Remote Work Certification Program
We are partnering with Utah State University Extension to offer the Master Remote Work Professional Certificate, a 1-month specialized training which combines online work with interactive workshops. The cost of the course is $249 and NDSU Extension is offering a $199 scholarship for the first 100 North Dakotans who take the Master Remote Work Professional Certificate ($249 value). The final cost is $50 to take the course with this scholarship opportunity. Registration is non refundable. Registration is transferable.
About this Certificate
NDSU Extension has partnered with Utah State University Extension to offer the Master Remote Work Professional certificate course, a 1-month specialized training which combines online work with interactive workshops. This educational program is designed to equip workers with the tools and skills needed to work from home as a remote worker, freelancer, or entrepreneur. Specific objectives and outcomes for each module of the course are identified at the beginning of each set of modules. The program consists of nine core modules, delivered in a self-paced, online format, and four interactive workshops.
Upon completing this program, you will join a growing online community of remote work professionals that support each other by sharing best practices and job opportunities.
To participate in the courses, you will need the following tools and abilities:
- Reliable Access to Broadband: Participation in the modules and workshops throughout this online course will require a stable internet connection.
- Web Camera & Microphone Required: Participation in the modules and workshops throughout this online course will require either a working laptop or desktop with a working web camera and microphone. Tablets and smartphones will not be sufficient.
- Basic Computer Proficiency: Student success in this course will require proficiency in the areas listed below. While we do teach the use of new tools, a basic proficiency in the listed areas will be required. Are you able to do the following on a computer?
- Send an email, with an attachment
- Download or upload a file to your desktop
- Do basic tasks in a word processing and spreadsheet program
1. Interactive Workshop #1
- Introduction to the Rural Online Initiative
- Cohort introductions
- Educational tool training (Slack, Canvas, and Zoom)
2. Online Learning #1
- Module 1: Work Day
- Module 2: Communication
- Module 3: Workflow
3. Interactive Workshop #2
- Review content of Modules 1-3
- Discuss and apply content of Modules 1-3
4. Online Learning #2
- Module 4:Productivity & Time Management
- Module 5: Teamwork
- Module 6: Compliance
5. Interactive Workshop #3
- Review content of Modules 4-6
- Discuss and apply content of Modules 4-6
6. Online Learning# 3
- Module 7: Critical Thinking
- Module 8: Virtual Careers
- Module 9: Remote Job Development
7. Interactive Workshop #4
- Review content of Modules 7 - 9
- Discuss and apply content of Modules 7 - 9
- Overview of remaining phases of the ROI program
Course dates for 2021 are listed below and updated often.
|Start Date||End Date||Application Deadline||Workshop Days (Thursdays)||Workshop Times (1 hour)|
|Jun 7||Jul 3||June 2, 2021 12 PM MT||June 10, 17, 24 & July 1||2 p.m. or 7 p.m. CT|
|Aug 2||Aug 28||July 28, 2021 12 PM MT||Aug 5, 12, 19 & 26||2 p.m. or 7 p.m. CT|
|Sept 7||Oct 2||Sept 1, 2021 12 PM MT||Sept 9, 16, 23 & 30||2 p.m. or 7 p.m. CT|
|Oct 4||Oct 30||Sept 29, 2021 12 PM MT||Oct 7, 14, 21 & 28||2 p.m. or 7 p.m. CT|
|Nov 4||Dec 4||Oct 27, 2021 12 PM MT||Nov 4, 11, 18 & Dec 2||2 p.m. or 7 p.m. CT|