Teaching and Learning Resources in AHSS
My name is Dr. Melissa Vosen Callens, and I am an Assistant Professor of Practice in Instructional Design.
I work to help instructors at all levels—from tenured faculty to graduate teaching assistants— excel in their teaching. I am available to work individually with instructors and also offer different teaching-related workshops and discussions throughout the school year. On this site, instructors can find resources to help create active and meaningful learning experiences for students.
For inquiries about individual or group consultations and / or additional information on workshops, please email me at
What I Do:
- Review existing online courses
- Observe face-to-face courses
- Help create new courses: objectives, assessments, weekly lesson plans / activities
- Provide strategies for improving student-student and student-instructor interaction
- Assist in technology selection / usage of Blackboard
- Draft communication strategies
- Plan and conduct workshops on different teaching-related topics
- Facilitate faculty learning communities
- Maintain AHSS Instructional Resources Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ahssteaching