Plans for the Engineering Center were formulated shortly after World War II. Plans became finalized in 1955 with the completion of Dolve Hall, but did not become a reality until 1963 when ground-breaking for the Center took place. The project involved the construction of a circular administration building, a one-story addition to the front of Dolve Hall, and three additional buildings to house: Civil and Industrial Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Architecture. The plans also called for connecting the buildings with covered skywalks. By the fall of 1965, the Center was complete (at a cost of $1.4 million) and all five engineering buildings were linked together by uncovered skywalks (Spectrum, 1965, p. 9). The new facility housed sixty-five faculty members; twenty-five secretaries and technicians; and approximately 1000 students enrolled in Engineering and Architecture.
1401 Centennial Boulevard
Fargo, ND 58102
Offices and departments located in Engineering Center