In 1987-1988, the NDSU campus saw the construction of a new building devoted to the study of crop and weed sciences. The building, now known as Loftsgard Hall, was the cornerstone of the new Plant Science Center Complex, which included Walster Hall and Waldron Hall. All three were (and still are) linked by passageways. The building's costs were entirely funded under an $8 million 1987 supplemental federal appropriations grant for agriculture. Loftsgard Hall provided 85,000 square feet of new teaching and research space on four floors. The building contains 22 research laboratories, a 130-seat main floor lecture-auditorium, and a 48-seat classroom. It is built around a central atrium that extends three floors to the ceiling. In addition to numerous offices, Loftsgard Hall includes several small classrooms and graduate seminar meeting rooms, with additional classroom space to be completed in the future on the lower level. It houses the Departments of Crop and Weed Sciences and Horticulture and Forestry (Dedication L.D. Loftsgard Crop and Weed Science Building, May 24, 1991). It was dedicated as Loftsgard Hall in May 1991 in recognition of L. D. Loftsgard, NDSU President from 1968 to 1987.
1360 Albrecht Boulevard
Fargo, ND 58102